Saturday 20 October 2012

La Trinidad, Benguet, Philippines

La Trinidad is the capital town of Benguet province in the Philippine Cordillera.
Cordillera today is as interesting as the times we live, as the photos below show.
Anything interesting always appeals to me, so I went to Trinidad and to Baguio.








As interesting as the photos are, I can't really stand this rubbish fill,
so I took to the hills.

These photos are via some goat tracks I found on the hills near Puguis via Longlong.
Ahh Longlong. Now there is a name famous all around the world.
Many a great treatise, or famous speech or judicial opinion, or a mere simple song, or the odd fairy tale, almost all these make mention of Longlong at some stage. Everyone has their own favorite Longlong phrase or expression. Many popular singers including the Beatles, Don Mclean and a thousand others have referenced Longlong.
One of the more popular ones in song are:
"A longlong time ago".
See I can still remember.

long long road, long long way, long long ago, long long trail, long long while
and all the long longs you can think of.
It's a long long way to Longlong
It's a long long way to home.
It's a long way to Tipperary
It's a long way to go.
It's a long long way to Trinidad valley
It's a long long way to Baguio.
I can see a mountain shrouded in fog in the far distance.
It's a long long way away, but I might just check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment.