Saturday 3 November 2012

Kabuyao and Sto Tomas

Kabuyao and Santo Tomas, adjacent to the city of Baguio, are two of the higher peaks in the Cordillera. Photos are from up on these mountains of Tuba, Benguet, Philippines 2012.
Some bard once wrote about disappearing 'down the foggy ruins of time'. In another place and time he was pondering if there's a mystery in the foggy world of destiny. I was feeling low myself some months back. I needed to elevate myself, I wanted to get high. But I did not go that way.
 I took the high way - seems like I've been down this road before.

 At the foot of foggy hill, I commenced an upward journey. I am getting high.

From the main highway, the road goes from north to south (top to bottom of picture above).


The road was barely visible

But it twisted and turned and it snaked and it curled.
Some places boast of four seasons in one day. Here there's only two seasons,
every hour! 

 After a couple of hours of what seemed like Sisyphean climbing, I arrived at calvary.
I was not prepared to be crucified, and anyway there's no spare cross there,
so I looked for a last stand, a viewing stand.
Often I get told: 'don't just stand there, do something'.
I didn't just stand there. I looked around.
Around Kabuyao.

Then I continued south to Mt Santo Tomas.

In the words of a King: I've been to the mountaintop.
And here's what I saw.




The road between Kabuyao and Santo Tomas is on steep mountainsides.





I bet you he's not planting trees.



Two crosses for the field office.
They must pray very hard in that DPWH church.
Ciao to Kabuyao.



And so it came to pass. 
I bid adieu to Santo Tomas.
Till next time. Perhaps I'll get to visit these mountains again in 2014.

I don't remember a race, but I think I came third in the ladies' category.
It may have been a global challenge, or a local dare.

No comments:

Post a Comment

please leave a comment.